A founding attorney for SaucedoChavez, P.C., Saucedo is a shareholder for the firm. As an experienced trial attorney, his practice focuses on commercial and employment litigation. He also specializes in severe personal injury and other negligence-related claims, including negligent construction claims. He represents employers in discrimination and wrongful termination claims, as well as in noncompetition agreements. As a professional hobby, Saucedo enjoys election law litigation.
Prior to joining SaucedoChavez, P.C., Saucedo was a shareholder with Silva, Saucedo and Gonzales, P.C. He was an associate with Peifer, Hanson & Mullins; with Browning & Peifer, P.A.; and with Gaddy Law Firm. He was appointed in 2012 by New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez as president of the Board of Directors of the National Hispanic Cultural Center, a position he still holds. In 2018, Governor Martinez appointed Saucedo to serve on the Board of Regents for New Mexico State University.
Education and Bar Admissions
- JD, University of New Mexico, 1998
- BBA, New Mexico State University in Las Cruces in 1994
- Admitted, State Bar of New Mexico, 1998
- Admitted, Texas State Bar, 2008
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, 1999
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, 2004
- Admitted, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, El Paso Division, 2011
- Severe personal injury
- Employment law (defense against discrimination and wrongful termination claims)
- Insurance and commercial litigation
- AV Peer Review Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers (six consecutive years), among Top 5% of Practicing Attorneys in the State
- American Bar Association, Standing Committee on Election Law (chairman, 2017-2018)
- Albuquerque Bar Association (past president, 2014)
- Republican National Lawyers Association
- Federalist Society, Lawyers Chapter
Getting to know Christopher
Chris is committed to giving back. He performs extensive pro bono service throughout the community. A passionate college sports fan, Chris also enjoys golf, fishing, traveling with this family, and trying local cuisines.