A native of New Mexico and a graduate of University of New Mexico School of Law, Mo Chavez is one of the founding members SaucedoChavez, P.C., and is a shareholder with the firm. He provides guidance and direction for attorneys in the firm’s Albuquerque offices. His legal practice is focused on insurance law, governmental relations, and regulatory affairs.
Prior to joining SaucedoChavez, P.C., Chavez was the Superintendent of Insurance for the state of New Mexico as well as the State Gaming Representative for the New Mexico Gaming Control Board. Chavez was also a Vice President of Operations for the National Guaranty Insurance Co.
In his work with SaucedoChavez, P.C., Chavez combines expertise in administrative, insurance regulatory, and general legal matters. He has given presentations on healthcare reform and insurance law for organizations around the country, including the American Bar Association.
Education and Bar Admissions
- JD, University of New Mexico School of Law, 1998
- BA, University of San Diego, 1995
- Admitted, State Bar of New Mexico, 1999
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico, 2010
- Admitted, U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2012
- Government Affairs and Lobbying
- Regulatory Matters
- Insurance Law
- AV Peer Review Rated Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Albuquerque Diverse Business Leader Award,” Albuquerque Business First (2017)
- “Top 40 Under 40 Business Professionals,” New Mexico Business Weekly (2006)
- Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- University of New Mexico School of Law – Alumni Board of Directors
- Member, New Mexico Hispanic Bar Association
Getting to know Mo
Mo is deeply invested in improving the lives of people in his community. He is actively involved with diversity-related organizations and activities concerning Hispanics and Latinos. He likes to unwind from a stressful day at work by escaping to his gourmet kitchen, where he uncovers hidden treasures of appetizing flavors and smells with his culinary efforts.